1. Easy to customize layout.
- can choose between fixed or fluid layout
- can set sidebar and content width in px or percentage
- can choose how many columns to arrange the widget in the widget area
- can choose what type to show in the front page (traditional, excerpt only, featured & excerpt, featured & line)
2. Easy to customize the header.
- can choose between text header or image header/logo
- can set header background image
- can set how to display the background image alignment and repeats
- can set the height of the header
- can set the color and size of the header text
3. Easy to customize the background
- can set he background image
- can set the background image attachment (fixed or scroll)
- can set the background image repeats and alignment
- can set the background color
4. Supports Featured Image/Post Thumbnail
This is the must have feature of the magazine-style theme. You may set the size of the image.
5. Easy to chose what meta to show.
The meta are: Comment count, date, author, categories, tags, and author info.
6. Supports WordPress Navigation menu feature in WordPress 3
You can easily choose what item to show in the menu.
7. Custom CSS insert via theme options.
8. SEO optimized
- H1 tag for post title.
- All sidebars come after content.
- supports Greg’s High Performance SEO plugin.
9. Up to 6 Widget Area
10. 5 Color scheme to choose (Sky, Baby Blue, Apricot, Rose, Dark)
Some other features:
- can opt in to facebook, twitter and plurk
- can show/hide RSS icon
- can set favicon
- can enable/disable hover efect
- can show/hide allowed tags text.
- can show/hide post comments RSS Link
- can show/hide post TrackBack Link
and also basic must have features:
- Threaded comments
- automatic feed link
- WordPress 2.8+ required. 2.9+ preferred. 3.0+ very preferred
- Custom background using WordPress 3 functions, while maintaining support for previous version.
- Custom header using WordPress core function.
- Adding $content_width
- Improving sticky posts behavior: sticky posts will only appear once in front page.
- Adding maximum width in fluid layout.
- Adding author info in author archive page.
- Some code rearrangement.
- Adding custom CSS insert via theme option.
- Allowing to select different style of archive page than the home page.
- Switching some heading tags for better SEO.
- Allowing disabling/enabling hover effect via theme options.
- Adding minimum width in fluid layout.
- Some CSS enhancement.
- Adding supports to Greg’s High Performance SEO Plugin.
- Adding different types of author meta.
- Adding special meta in traditional display so they can be different from single post meta.
- Adding easy hide/show “allowed tags”, “post trackback link” and “post comment feed link”.
- Removing timthumb. Images with direct URL will be resized in browser, not by timthumb script.
- Replacing get_template() with get_stylesheet() in behalf of child themes.
- Updating timthumb to ver 1.14
- Fixing meta not displayed in front page in traditional style
- A lot of code rewrite
- Adding custom Read more text
- Adding selective meta in front page and single post/page feature
- Change header background behavior
- Adding custom header height
- Adding easy hiding RSS icon
- Fixing IE6 and IE7 bug
- Fixing submenu blocked by menu below.
- Adding comment_form() functionality.
- Cleaning some code.
- Fixing wrong page count in page navigation.
- Eliminating navigation bar where there’s no menu displayed
- Fixing margin leftover in Inner Top widget area when there’s no widget there.
- Modifying search page.
- Cleaning some code.
- Fixing tabbed sidebar only displays default item.
- Fixing submenu hidden underneath content in IE 6 and IE 7.
- Adding inner top and inner bottom widget area in static home page.
- Eliminating “Call to undefined function is_multisite()” warning in the footer area for WP pre 3.0 installation.
- Following Strict Rules
- Fixing theme preview issue
- Adding footer link to home site for wordpress multisite.
- Supporting WordPress Navigation Menu.
- Using itx Tabbed Sidebar Widget v1.2.
- Adding Tabbed Sidebar Widget as default widget.
- Fixing missing first post in traditional and excerpt only style.
- Adding warnings when resetting to default options.
- Joining some CSS files into one (for better performance).
- Renaming sidebar to widget area and adding description.
- Neating some looks.
- Squashing more bugs.
- adding favicon feature.
- adding some default widget.
- adding list style button image.
- fixing post-thumbail not cropping.
- fixing issues with WPMU when updating options.
- fixing some wrong function calls.
- fixing layout error in safari.
- fixing some other bugs.
- neating some looks.
- renaming some functions for better future consistency.
- add option to choose from 5 available styles.
- add ‘reset to default’.
- limit percentage sidebar width to 100%;