1. Easy to customize layout.
- can choose between fixed or fluid layout
- can set sidebar and content width in px or percentage
- can choose how many columns to arrange the widget in the widget area
- can choose what type to show in the front page (traditional, excerpt only, featured & excerpt, featured & line)
2. Easy to customize the header.
- can choose between text header or image header/logo
- can set header background image
- can set how to display the background image alignment and repeats
- can set the height of the header
- can set the color and size of the header text
3. Easy to customize the background
- can set he background image
- can set the background image attachment (fixed or scroll)
- can set the background image repeats and alignment
- can set the background color
4. Supports Featured Image/Post Thumbnail
This is the must have feature of the magazine-style theme. You may set the size of the image.
5. Easy to chose what meta to show.
The meta are: Comment count, date, author, categories, tags, and author info.
6. Supports WordPress Navigation menu feature in WordPress 3
You can easily choose what item to show in the menu.
7. Custom CSS insert via theme options.
8. SEO optimized
- H1 tag for post title.
- All sidebars come after content.
- supports Greg’s High Performance SEO plugin.
9. Up to 5 Widget Area
10. 5 Color scheme to choose (Woods, Sea, Forest, Happy Sky, Urban)
Some other features:
- can opt in to facebook and twitter
- can show/hide RSS icon
- can set favicon
- can enable/disable hover efect
- can show/hide allowed tags text.
- can show/hide post comments RSS Link
- can show/hide post TrackBack Link
and also basic must have features:
- Threaded comments
- automatic feed link
- WordPress 2.8+ required. 2.9+ preferred. 3.0+ very preferred
- Adding custom CSS insert via theme option.
- Allowing to select different style of archive page than the home page.
- Custom background using WordPress 3 core functions, while maintaining support for previous version.
- Custom header using WordPress core function.
- Switching some heading tags for better SEO.
- Allowing disabling/enabling hover effect via theme options.
- Adding minimum and maximum width in fluid layout.
- Replacing get_template() with get_stylesheet() in behalf of child themes.
- Improving sticky posts behavior: sticky posts will only appear once in front page.
- Fixing Attachment page display error.
- Some CSS enhancement.
- Some code rearrangement.
- fix IE6 visual bug in fixed width layout.
- Removing timthumb script.
- Adding supports to Greg’s High Performance SEO Plugin.
- Adding special meta in traditional display so they can be different from single post meta.
- Adding easy hide/show “allowed tags”, “post trackback link” and “post comment feed link”.
- Updating timthumb to ver 1.14.